ATC Transponder Trainer
The ATC Transponder Trainer is a fully interactive CBT application that will run on a standard PC in the classroom. It features a 3D environment with fully controllable airliner (with functioning altimeter and ATC Panel), PSR (Primary Surveillance Radar) and SSR (Secondary Surveillance Radar).
What Can It Do?
It provides everything an instructor needs to clearly describe, explain or demonstrate:
- Emission of pulses (or beam) from a rotatable, directional PSR antenna
- Reflection of echo signals from large and small targets and their display on a PPI
- Emission of interrogating pulses (P1 and P3) from a rotatable, directional SSR antenna
- Emission of control pulse (P2) from an omnidirectional SSR antenna
- Emission of aircraft transponder responses to mode A and mode C interrogations
- Format of mode A and mode C interrogation signals
- Format of mode A and mode C responses
- Suppression of aircraft transponder responses when detecting leaked side lobe interrogating pulses (side lobe suppression)
- Selection of transponder mode from rotary control on aircraft ATC Panel
- Selection of squawk codes from rotary controls on aircraft ATC Panel
Other Similar CBT Products for Radar and Radio Navigation
Air Weather Avoidance Radar Trainer
Need something for your classroom but can't find a supplier?
Don't worry. We can provide fabulous bespoke training material for any subject, made specially to your requirements!