DME and Radio Navigation
The DME Trainer is a fully interactive CBT application that will run on a standard PC in the classroom. It features a 3D environment with fully controllable airliner, DME Panel, Nav Panel and 3 DME ground stations (a VOR/DME, a DME and an ILS) enabling instru ctors to clearly explain how aircraft navigate between them using X and Y channel interrogations.
What Can It Do?
It provides everything an instructor needs to clearly describe, explain or demonstrate:
- Selection of VHF radio navigation frequencies via a DME Panel or Nav Panel
- Use of remote tuning (to tune the DME receiver to the frequency set on the Nav Panel)
- Display of calculated groundspeed and time-to-station
- Emission of aircraft interrogating DME pulses using X or Y channels
- Emission of DME responses from 3 types of ground stations (a VOR/DME, a DME and an ILS)
- Format of X and Y channel interrogations
- Format of X and Y channel responses
Other Similar CBT Products for Radar and Radio Navigation
Air Weather Avoidance Radar Trainer
Need something for your classroom but can't find a supplier?
Don't worry. We can provide fabulous bespoke training material for any subject, made specially to your requirements!